SURE is a 10-week summer research program designed to attract qualified under-represented minority and women students into graduate school in the fields of engineering and science. As one of the longest running REU programs in the country, SURE has a proud legacy of helping students enter into graduate programs, especially at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Each summer, approximately 30-40 students of at least junior-level undergraduate standing are recruited on a nationwide basis and paired with both a faculty and a graduate student mentor to undertake research projects in the College of Computing, College of Engineering, and College of Sciences.
- 10 weeks of undergraduate research
- On campus housing
- $5000 stipend
- Round-trip travel reimbursement up to $600
- Meal plan
- Weekly professional development and graduate school preparation seminars
- Industry visits
- Graduate student and faculty mentoring
- Social activities
- Oral and poster research presentations
- Draft of a personal statement and research proposal due on or before the final research symposium
SURE is supported by funding from the National Science Foundation, Intel Corporation and other federal and corporate sponsors.
* Please note all students must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.