Rising juniors and rising seniors (who will not have graduated by May 2018) in a computing, engineering, science, or other technology major.
- Should have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better.
- Should have not yet completed a Bachelor's degree.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Women, underrepresented minorities, as well as students with community college experience or those attending institutions with limited opportunities for undergraduate research, are encouraged to apply.
Please complete the following items in advance:
- Read about research labs that have hosted SURE students in the past (or other GT faculty in the areas of computing, engineering, and sciences) and determine which lab(s) you would like to work in. Visit https://coe.gatech.edu/undergraduate-academics for a list of majors.
- Identify a faculty member at your home undergraduate institution (or another faculty member with whom you have conducted research) who can write a recommendation letter, along with his or her contact information.
- Write a personal statement that is free of grammatical or typographical errors and that covers all of the points listed below.
- Obtain a PDF copy of your unofficial transcript.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member who is familiar with your ability to conduct research or your performance in a technical course.
- A personal statement.
- An unofficial transcript.
Personal Statement Components
- Why you want to participate in the SURE program.
- Discuss your background and what makes you a great candidate for a summer research program.
- Describe your future educational and career plans.
- Discuss how participating in a summer REU will contribute to those plans.
The SURE application will open on or before December 8, 2017.